Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Checking in!

Back from Vacation, and working out states. Not US states, but states like modes or something. I have to build a bit more of the basics to get into the nitty gritty of the combat portion because those details rely on such things like states. It'll make more sense later I swear it ^.^

I'm also working on some placeholder menus to help facilitate things. I have family visiting this upcoming week though, so not much will get done during that time.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Time Transplants pls!

Okay I don't have much to actually show, because all my work has been just doing things in code that don't change how it looks. I don't even have anything working to the extent that I could post a video or gif. BUT what I have been doing is getting everything in place and working to make the A* pathfinding working, which also comes into play in allowing the the player to move their character. I went a head and made a tile class, a node class, converted the multidimensional array into a working list, and had that draw the tiles for the tile map.

I've also picked up a short order job to model/texture a 3d portrait, as well as I am still working on a 3d logo for someone else, which I'm trying to focus on currently. SOOO, for the next week it's just me, Maya and Zbrush. Then after that it's vacation time for a week. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to this as soon as possible, because I know what I need to do, I just need time to hash it out. I need a time transplant!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Pxl Perfect

Alright! I haven't posted anything in a bit even though I've been working diligently. I found out that moving the character is going to be a wee bit more difficult than previously thought. I need to use A* path-finding to create a moveable field. This seems to be part of the AI (small part)as well.

I did fix the camera size ration portion so all the pixels show correctly for the map. I also figured out the values needed for the diagonal movement when not in a battle ( aka not restricted to tile to tile movement). Check out the pixels! Well now you can see my place holder tiles have holes, which I knew. The tiles I'm using as placeholders are 64x31 for some reason. My tiles will be 64x32.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tiles tiles and more tiles!

Look, look!!

I was able to get tiled maps working using data from Tiled. Yay me! Okay so ... now that I'm done that... I guess... hmm.

I know! I'll work character movement I guess! It seems to be the next hardest thing to figure out.